It’s a new year and time to make resolutions for your business. If you are like most commercial real estate owners and operators, growth is your top goal. Leveraging technology more effectively is one way to get that expansion going. Ready?
Here are six ways to turn that resolution into a reality this year.
- Collaborate Better – Don’t rely totally on email for your in-house communication. Cloud-based file-sharing and Microsoft Office 365 can save you time and money.
- Out with the Old, in with the New – Bring the whole team up to date with current hardware and software. It’s an investment that will pay off in increased efficiency.
- Keep the Gremlins Away – Get on top of all the “stuff” that needs to be done regularly. Schedule data and software backups, security monitoring and disk space clean up. Spend a little time to save big on downtime later.
- Be on Guard – Aggressive cybercriminals are on the prowl, targeting companies of every size. Inoculate your networks against viruses, malware and hackers. Remember, it’s rare for small or mid-size business – in any industry – to survive a security breach.
- Plan for Upgrades and Updates – Is 2017 the year to expand your system? Then start planning now. Evaluate your needs (like how big you need to go). And give plenty of thought to how you’ll manage the change.
- Partner Up in 2017 – A third-party service provider can help you manage all five recommendations listed above. You can turn your IT over to a Virtual CIO (vCIO) who will focus on your specific technology needs, freeing you up to concentrate on what you do best: growing your core business.
As a boutique real estate and business technology solutions firm, IBS is an ideal partner for commercial real estate companies that want to grow in 2017. We provide an intensely customer-focused experience centered on helping our clients keep their systems current. Our goal? Helping our clients use technology to create competitive advantage. Learn more about what a vCIO is all about here.