Part 3: The Modern CRE Tech Stack
Last week we talked about how today’s ERP solutions designed with open APIs (application program interfaces) easily integrate with the requirements of other applications in an increasingly collaborative and mobile business world. Here’s a look at some of the software categories that can “talk” to each other in today’s multi-cloud world. We’ve used some of our favorite products as examples of the components in today’s commercial real estate technology stack.
- Property Management/Accounting: IBS’s own Imperium Powered by Acumatica was specifically built to serve as the system of record within the real estate tech stack. Client-configured lease abstracting, robust utility and tenant service billing, and payment processing are just a few of the features designed to make day-to-day management tasks automatic and convenient.
- Leasing: VTS is a leasing platform used by more than 5,000 owners and brokers to manage deals and properties with real-time access to a range of listing, leasing, tenant and industry trends information.
- Building Stacking: RDM’s RealAccess stores leases, floor plans, tenant and suite information – all of which are available in real time from mobile devices and desktops. The program’s dashboard enables users to look at the “big picture,” capture high-level data in a single shot, and view impending lease expirations along with historical comparisons.
- Deal Management: The Apto CRM, an award-winning platform, helps landlords, tenant reps and investment sales specialists manage contacts, properties, listings, deals and back offices with information accessible from any device at any time.
- Commission Management: CommissionTrac automates the tracking and management of complex commercial real estate commissions, and helps agents to get paid on time through the capture and reporting of commission-related items.
- Project Management: Honest Buildings, the leading integrated, data-driven project management and procurement platform, is used by commercial real estate owners and managers to centralize project data, increase transparency, and automate bid management and standardize reporting.
- Operations Management: Building Engines provides a comprehensive, web-based operations management solution to the owners and managers of all property types. It empowers property management professionals to capture actionable data in day-to-day activities, automate workflow, and facilitate communication among individual team members, vendors and tenants.
- Budgeting: ARGUS Enterprise is a single, scalable platform that facilitates budgeting, cash flow projections and valuations, transaction analysis, and risk management.
- Investor Engagement: Investor Management Services (IMS) offers an investor experience platform for commercial real estate firms to engage their investors and manage assets. The web-based IMS Platform provides automated waterfall distribution processing, investor dashboards, CRM, document sharing and investor statements.
- Transaction Management: Ten-X Commercial provides a CRE marketplace that serves as a force multiplier for buyers, sellers and brokers. Ten-X precision-matches assets, accelerates close rates, and streamlines the entire transaction process.
- Tenant Services: Bixby is a customizable virtual building amenity platform that makes it easy for property managers to provide top-quality service. Tenants and residents benefit from a better building experience through access to on-demand services, weekly discounts and promotions, and a single platform to interface with their smart-home devices.
- Document Management: DocuSign is used by more than 100 million global users to quickly and securely complete 200 million transactions annually with any mobile device.
IBS can help you assemble the best possible CRE technology solution for your firm. For a free system analysis, call 973-575-4950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.